Thursday, October 30, 2014

Stars, by Maggie Fox

                    Stars
Blades of grass tickle my ears
thoughts of him please my mind.
The growing darkness triggers my fears
wether opened or closed, my eyes
are closed.

A single star comes into view

I grab it with my fingers.
it floats away to my dismay
But some of it's brightness lingers.

I take the light and drink it in.

It fills me with a comforting
calm.
My brain travels back to his warm hands
when we would walk palm in palm.

Another star appears before me

but it flies again from my grasp.
Before I have time to reach it
once more
I feel a hand
on my shoulder and gasp.

"Come along dear,

you shouldn't be out.
Everyone else it inside, it's not polite
to run away
it's not polite to
hide."

"I'm not hiding, I'm

capturing stars
to go to a my friend who's a
boy.
I know he loves me,
it's really true.
He fills me with
endless joy."

No comments:

Post a Comment